Above Ground Spa Water Care Recommendations
At All Valley Backyard, we like simple. We like the convenience of well thought out and engineered products, too. So, we've now begun marketing the Spa Frog Easy system. Quite literally, rather than pouring spa chlorine or bromine into your spa, and rather than dealing with the blue or yellow mineral stick, there is now a floating system that does all of this automatically without you having to administer the chemicals on your own. Watch the video - a great, simple product to use and enjoy!!
USING THE SPA FROG SYSTEM
- Make sure you have a new spa - if not, then get with your spa dealer and request a 'clean out' product that will need to be used prior to any new chemical system being used in your spa. The clean out will break down and get rid of old chemicals and 'stuff' in the water lines and hoses so that you can start new!
- Fill your spa up with water - we recommend a water filter be used when filling your spa. Also, when filled, you will power on your spa and then pour a bottle of Metal Gone into the water - remember to fill the spa down the filter neck area, NOT in the middle of the spa. (Note: Always fill the spa up to the highest placed jet, and/or water line of filter area.)
- Open the Frog Easy Care system (Blue and Grey box) and immediately dump the packet of RESERVE chemicals in the water. We recommend the spa be turned on when you dump in the packet in the water.
- Then, take the grey cartridge and combine with the blue cartridge. Lock them together per the instructions.
- On the back of the grey cartridge, open the system to 2.5 (between 2 and 3 on the scale). Then, immerse the blue and grey cartridges into the water to get all the air out. After doing this, this 'floater' floats in your spa for 1 month! And, it's safe to keep it in the spa whilst you're soaking - but you can remove if you'd like - it's NON TOXIC!!
- In about a month, the grey cartridge will need to be replaced - put on a new one but keep the Blue cartridge. Obviously, set the Grey cartridge to 2.5 again, submerse them into the water, and that's it! You're covered for another month!
- When you've run through a total of four (4) grey and one (1) blue cartridges, you will need a new system. Come in to All Valley to get a replacement 2-box system!!
- During this time, you may need the following Leisure Time chemicals to be administered from time to time: Renew, Spa Up, Spa Down, Foam Down, Spa Defender, Bright & Clear, etc. Get with us to see if you need more than Metal Gone and the Frog system. Some people do, but not everybody does.
- ALWAYS clean your spa filter every two or three weeks - do NOT let it go for more than that!! Use Filter Cleaner - just spraying off your filter does absolutely nothing.
- For some of you, every 60 days, you MAY need another packet of Sodium Bromide - the reserve from Frog. So if after 60 days, if your water is a little hazy, come into our store and we'll sell you another small packet of Sodium Bromide reserve.
- You can go to the manufacturer's website here if you want more information: Frog@easeSystem
Lastly, for those of you that want to treat your spa individually, for each different thing, then there are no better chemicals on this planet than the Leisure Time brand. Effective, an absolute value, and they do what they say! Please see below for our recommendations using Leisure Time and the other two systems for spa maintenance and spa care.
USING LEISURE TIME CHEMICALS
There are many Leisure Time chemicals to use, so here are a few of them, and what they do.. come in to All Valley to learn more about them and how they can be of benefit to you with your new existing spa.
- Renew - used one time every two weeks to 'shock' the spa water
- Bright & Clear - used as needed to make the water have more clarity
- Spa Defender - used as needed to make the scum lines vanish
- Metal Gon - used when filling your spa with all new water
- Spa Up - used to increase the Ph on your spa
- Spa Down - used to decrease the Ph on your spa
- Spa 56 - used to put chlorine granules in your spa - for basic sanitation
- Bromine - used instead of chlorine - for basic sanitation